- Marody is a Barbary Lion and appears in the "New Adventures of Kimba the White Lion" released in 1989, making his first appearance during Episode 12. He is a fearless leader that houses his Pride a top of a large cliff which all of his followers call "Marody's Cliff" in the anime. During his first appearance, Marody discourages his Grandson's Keruru & Amaji from bullying Leo when he brings a bird family to the cliff for safety.
- Marody tends to have shown to be a rival to Leo's father Panja in the series and often tells Leo this multiple times. Regardless of Marody's unknown rivalry towards Panja in the anime; he still treats Leo with respect but does acknowledge each time Leo is on his cliff as being "out of his territory".
- It is unknown how large Marody's pride is in the anime but it is mentioned that Barbary lions are rare, thus they are often saught by men/poachers.
- In the 1989 anime all older (fully mature) barbary lions seen have the darker grey/charcoal/black pelts with cream colored manes. The only barbary lions that appear to have variations from this would be Marody's Grandson's Keruru & Amaji (cubs) whom carry the dark pelt and brown manes.
- All infromation has been gathered from watching the subbed 1989 The New Adventures of Kimba the White Lion anime. Some information may be false or not clearly known.